Nuvo 10

ddouglass

Got a Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 for Christmas from the wife. Finally was able to acquire all the necessary equipment for it, so I set it up today. The equipment that I have on it is:

-Mini reactor from innovative marine (had one just collecting dust in the basement so I figured I would use it for GFO)

-Regular LED light (non coral light)

-Ghost Skimmer (desktop)

-Smart ATO

I cycle all my tanks with Doctor Tim's One and Only. Works great, never use anything else. I have able 12lbs of dry rock and a 2 inch sand bed of Eden Reef Flakes (thanks Dip again for the sand). I have been looking around and researching fish and have 4 fish I'm looking into:

-Tail Spot Blenny

-Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse

-Court Jester Goby

-Pinkbar Goby (maybe a pistol shrimp as well?)

Unsure which ones I will pick but this is a good start. I'm leaning towards starting off with the Jester Goby.post-2635430-142103098584_thumb.jpgpost-2635430-142103099327_thumb.jpgpost-2635430-14210310055_thumb.jpgpost-2635430-14210310132_thumb.jpg

I am looking to add a MP10 or some other type of pump as well as a XR15 Radion light. I have a reeflink for my other tank and connection between the light and pump is something I would love for this tank, but might be a little overkill.

I see that you're thinking about a pinkbar goby, but I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend that you check out a Randall's Goby. They look similar, but their stripes are thin and orange and a bit more pronounced, and they have this really neat spot on their back fin. Mine is pretty peaceful and has paired with a pistol shrimp. That said, the pinkbar is pretty darned nice as well. Goby/shrimp combos are my favorite - can't really go wrong with them. Love the aquascape and look forward to seeing more updates. 

Update on the tank, I put a MP10 on the tank. And put some empty shells from my main tank that had some coral algae on it. After a few days it's starting to grow on the rocks :). I also seeing some brown algae growth as well so the tank is maturing great. No fish yet but soon. I do want to add some pods fist to try and get them going. Also the parameters are great as well. Will post pictures later