Recommendation on where to get quality Live Rock (VA)

nburg

I'm getting back in the hobby after selling everything when I  moved to the area.  Now I'm going to start small, 18g Cadlights Mini Cube, and eventually upgrade to a large tank once I settle in a more permanent apartment.

That being said, where is a good place to get premium or fully cure live rock in NOVA (I'm in Arlington)?  Any experience with local vendors that have pest free, light weight, attractive live rock?  Anyone selling off some of their personal LR that is pest free?  I would order from Tampa Bay Salt Water, but don't want to pay freight for 15 lbs.

I'm only looking to get 10-15lbs, so I don't mind paying a premium price for premium rock. 

I have used Marine Scene for four of my tanks and have loved it each time. I have Pukani that still has the turquoise coralline a year later. I have never had trouble with pests - a few hydroids one time but they faded away quickly.

Reef escape has a really large tank of live rock (it's in a glass tank so this way you can see instead of the digging down in a deep dark tub). They have always been very fair with pricing and we never had any problems with hitch hikers or pest. They mostly maintain tanks and do set ups for clients. They now have a store front that is open on Friday and Saturday.. They also carry the real reef rock, with a variety of selections, base, shelf or branch. Good luck with your set up. We have 2 - 75 gallon tanks, 1-80 gallon high reef ready tank and 2 really nice sumps if your looking to pick up at a very low price for your future upgrade then give a shout back.