Sunburst Anthius/Powder Brown

KenB

Anyone have experience with a sunburst?  I have a 125 reef set up with lots of pods, caves and overhangs that I thought might make a good home for a sunburst.  Just thought I'd check to see what others experience has been before I pull the trigger.  Current tankmates: Yellow tang, royal grama, small sixline, geometric hawk (very small), lawnmower blenny.  also thinking about adding a Powder Brown Tang but not sure after reading many conflicting articals and posts on the PB's being one of the more difficult tangs and the whole Gold Rim vs. PB discussion.  Very confusing.

thanks ken

I had a pair of Sunburst Anthius in my reef tank for a long time.  They were great fish.  Very friendly and did not bother the corals.  I would do another pair for sure.

Bruce

I have found the PB to be easy to keep. If you use proper QT process. That said if added early they can become agressive like mine.

I have found the PB to be easy to keep. If you use proper QT process. That said if added early they can become agressive like mine.

I was planning to get the PB "pre-quarantined" from King of Corals.  Maybe I'll get the Sunburst and let them settle in for a few weeks and add the PB then.

I had 3 sunburst for a while. They are great looking fish. Took a few days for them to come out. I really liked mine. Will add more one day. I made sure i visited the fish store i got them from and that i saw them eat several different times before pulling the trigger