RW15s Variable Power Supply or RW8s

FirstContact

My RW15 and WP40 rock my 150G. That is a ton of flow in a 48 inch tank. What are you planning to keep? Sand or bare bottom?

It'll be mixed with LPS and SPS. Eventually, I would like to turn it towards mostly acros but I am not quite there yet knowledge wise.  Bottom will be sand standard reef grade.  Also,  does the variable power supply from 24 - 12V basically make it an RW8?

Well be careful on your selection of LPS if you go with the RW15's. I am not sure what you mean about the power supply making it an RW8. I know you can vary the voltage and dull it down yes, but they are different in size and GPH. Jebao RW8 Wireless WaveMaker (185 - 2113 gph) and Jebao RW15 Wireless WaveMaker (317 - 3962 gph). If anything go with the RW15's and if you find out they are too much flow then sell/trade them for RW8's.

Guess my thought process for the RW15 was that if you cut the voltage by half you would be cutting the performance (number of rotations of the prop per x) by half making it relatively similar to an RW8.  You are right though that the GPH would not be an exact match, and with the wider prop, a wider flow area would ensue.  But I think this helps me make up my mind.  Thanks!

Although anyone that uses a variable voltage power supply on the RW15's I would still be interested in readind a response.