diamond drill bit 1 1/4?

Rburgee

I have bought them from both Home Depot and Harbor Freight.  Both bits worked well but the Home Depot bit (for something like $15) was higher quality.  On the other hand, from Harbor Freight you can buy an entire of 6-8 bits for something like $25, but each individual bit will not last as long as a Home Depot bit.  It depends on how many times you intend to use the bit.  For a one time use, I'd try to borrow from someone.  I'd offer mine but I used them to drill several dozen holes in granite and they are not in good shape anymore.

I checked HD, Lowes, and Harbor Freight in Glen Burnie with no luck. The harbor freight set seemed pretty coarse and I didn't trust it. I ended up ordering a set from Amazon. Price was right and shipping was quick.

I checked HD, Lowes, and Harbor Freight in Glen Burnie with no luck. The harbor freight set seemed pretty coarse and I didn't trust it. I ended up ordering a set from Amazon. Price was right and shipping was quick.

I agree the Harbor Freight bits look coarser than the HD ones.  I've only used them on granite but they worked well.  I would say just make sure you put a garden hose or other water source on the glass while the tool is working on it and you won't go wrong with any type of diamond bit.  If you get a cheap coarse bit, perhaps a couple of holes on scrap glass will take off the rough edges.