Ecotech question

tomtom2245

Anyone have the ReefLink? I'm curious what capabilities that it provides and if it's worth it.

I hear it's better than using Neptunes solutions. IMO if you have radions and vortechs, then it's super useful. I'll be tagging along, it will be my next big investment.

ive had both wxm and just switched to reef link 

i prefer the reef link 

1) diversity ...all my eggs aint on the apex

2) easier to configure

3) made by the manufacturer for their products

4) iphone app is actually fun and easy to change modes

5) has built in acclimation mode 

6) has some built in mode types for shallow reefs etc.

i also had random issues with apex fusion ...more likely cause it was beta..

also if any future products are released by ecotech...i am sure the reef link will control that too.

So say you didn't have the reeflink but had both vortechs/radions and an apex, how does the setup of the ecotech products work? I mean do you have to use a USB or Ethernet to a computer, all on the apex, or what? Also, is there a way to access ecotech products at home on your computer/phone without the reeflink? I've never owned either ecotech or Neptune products but am making the upgrade during the move and was wondering if I should take advantage of the half off reeflink special.

ive had both wxm and just switched to reef link

i prefer the reef link

1) diversity ...all my eggs aint on the apex

2) easier to configure

3) made by the manufacturer for their products

4) iphone app is actually fun and easy to change modes

5) has built in acclimation mode

6) has some built in mode types for shallow reefs etc.

i also had random issues with apex fusion ...more likely cause it was beta..

also if any future products are released by ecotech...i am sure the reef link will control that too.

Good to hear some positives about it. At first glance it just sounded like a glorified way to access your ecotech products on your phone/tablet while you were out of the house.

Good to hear some positives about it. At first glance it just sounded like a glorified way to access your ecotech products on your phone/tablet while you were out of the house.

It is.

But you can't do it without buying somebody's product.

So say you didn't have the reeflink but had both vortechs/radions and an apex, how does the setup of the ecotech products work? I mean do you have to use a USB or Ethernet to a computer, all on the apex, or what? Also, is there a way to access ecotech products at home on your computer/phone without the reeflink? I've never owned either ecotech or Neptune products but am making the upgrade during the move and was wondering if I should take advantage of the half off reeflink special.

to make it work wireless your options are

1) wxm module needed with Apex. if you go this route don't use ecosmartlive.

2) reeflink 

or you can use the usb to configure it with ecosmartlive. this will not allow wireless access.

to make it work wireless your options are

1) wxm module needed with Apex. if you go this route don't use ecosmartlive.

2) reeflink

or you can use the usb to configure it with ecosmartlive. this will not allow wireless access.

So the wxm module allows for wireless configuration on your computer but that setup is then done through apex software I take it? Thanks for all of the good info!

So the wxm module allows for wireless configuration on your computer but that setup is then done through apex software I take it? Thanks for all of the good info!

yes..that setup can be done either from your apex software or from their cloud based fusion product which is free and currently in a pretty stable beta overall

I currently have both myself but I must say I like the reef link better but to have to open a second app to control them is not ideal.  The control on the reef link is a lot better so I am going to stick with that and at some point sell my wxm lol.

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like the consensus is the reeflink is a good idea. Anyone by chance know how long the 50% sale is going to go on?