Off Topic

OUsnakebyte

Okay, how do I get 'em for the July 3rd concert?  Ticketmaster sucks.  I am just looking for the cheap lawn seats.  I hesitate to use ebay just yet, b/c I don't want to support those who bought them just so they could turn around and sell them at a higher price.

Thanks!

Mike   ild  o]

Guest reeffoto
On ebay they are going for $200 and up.  Can't believe they sold out so fast.  last time I saw him play was in 1988 and that was on an Aircraft carrier while at Sea.  The cost of the concert was a ride in an F-14 for Jimmy.

And what's so OT about Jimmy B. & The Coral Reefer Band????

I do believe going to a show is a mandatory part of the clubs hazing ritual, ah?

aac.jpg

Don't sweat, he always adds a few more shows in the area (what's the deal with Merriweather Post Pavilion, is it no longer?)  Just make sure you don't drag your feet, and get your tickets the morning they go on sale!

Guest ufans

I have been to a JB concert every year since 1990 and each year the tickets around here get harder and harder to get.  I had at least 15 friends trying to get tix and I was the only one to get any.  Crazy!

There isn't going to be a concert at Merriweather...Nissan is it.  I think that is one of the reasons that the fight for tickets was so bad.  Maybe after he sees the demand he might play another concert...but I doubt it.

Last year there were reports that Merriweather was due to be closed and torn down.  Is that true?

I have not been to Nissan Pavillion in two years so I don't know if they improved it (doubt it); if you go either leave early or expect to spend at least an hour in line waiting to leave..

Eddi

I got tickets last year with connections.  This year I too was shut out by ticketmaster.  Nissan is the only show in the area.  He's not playing Merriweather and he's only playing Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  Must be nice to only work 3 days a week, 6 months out of the year!  Merriweather is still around, but I also heard the rumor that it was being shut down.  Something about a big "town center" type community.  Don't know if it's ever going to happen.

Ebay sucks.  As someone already mentioned, scalpers are everywhere.  By noon the day the tickets sold out lawn seats ($36 face) were already $125.  If you don't have tickets and really want to go, you're going to have to find a friend, get real lucky, or pay $100+ even for lawn seats.

Nissan still sucks to get in and out of.  We got there early, had great parking right up near the fence, then spent 2 hours getting out of the lot after the show (I think...) :D

I hate Ebay...  If we were all communist, the gov't would just control all the ticket sales, and I would have a chance to buy some...  or maybe not, since I'd probably be waiting in a three hour line for a loaf of bread that isn't there...  stupid free market economy...  :p