Son wants a fuzzy dwarf

morgan175

Well need to put a tank together for my son. What would be a better fit a 55 or a 40 breeder. Now here is where the fun starts. Can I go led. The evergrow I can't remember the name. Can I put this over the 40 easier with better coverage. I can sneak some goodies in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstl, I'm assuming you mean a dwarf lionfish?

So yes a 40 or 55 would work fine....

And hopefully the only goodies your talking bout sneaking in are corals...

But the dwarf lions don't like bright lights and they may cause him to hide...almost all the time

Unless you can make some overhangs and such for him to get away from the bright light...

Also, lions are notoriously dirty...they can eat large meals and well,,, you get the rest,lol

It sounds like a fun idea, and not trying to bash it but hopefully star you in the right direction...

I think the 40 breeder is a better choice. It's much easier to get good flow in this shape of tank. The longer and skinnier 55 can be trickier without multiple power heads to keep detritus suspended in the water. Also, it may be easier to aqua scape due to the larger front to back dimension. LEDs are great, but as explained above. Lion fish generally lurk in the shadows. You won't need a tremendous amount of light. An Evergrow LED will allow for expansion as your system matures and like most fish only systems, eventually house some sort of corals. You will get better light coverage with the 40 than a 55 as well.

Lionfish are venomous. I would explain that well to him. I got stung before years ago.

David