Clown fish breeding

TaBman

I got a pair of breeding percula clowns my female is a beautiful oynx style perc. and my male is a regular perc. i was woundering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get them to start breeding. from what i have been told they like smooth surfaces so i provided them with a 3x3 bathroom floor tile. they do have a BTA to go in. i know the water quality is perfect due to the system i have it hooked up to. If anyone has any tips or info on how to raise baby clowns please let me know.

I know MarinaP breeds clownfish. She dosen't post here often, but is quite active in the RC Anemone and Clownfish forum. I think Travler7 also does some breeding as well. Both are excellent resources for information on Clownfish. (I'm sure there are others too, but those two were the first to come to mind.)

If you haven't been exposed to any info about breeding clowns then I would suggest getting Wilkerson's Clownfish book. It pretty much tells you what to do and how to do it. Percs are pretty easy so they are a good one to try. Marina is an excellent source of info and help when you can't figure something out. The best thing to do would be to buy the book, read it a few times and then ask questions about anything that you might not understand. Be paitent with your clowns, feed them as much as they will eat and a variety of foods and they will spawn eventually for you. I am not expert but feel free to ask me questions. I have only been raising clowns for about a year so my experience is limited.