Single Plug

bravanc

So, I was doing my build using the 8020 aluminum bar. I wanted to see if I connected the power plug from one to the other if we can use just one plug. It works! I use a regular straight plug in place of the 90 degree and plug from the regular plug to the universal. (The aluminum bar was in the way of using the plug that came with the light) anyhow I just jumped from one light to the next and the last one I plugged into the wall and they all came on.

Anything wrong with doing this?

Well, I would use a surge protector, cuz if the first one gets zapped, then they all fry in a daisy chain....

But as long as the outlet can handle the load...I don't see a problem?

that's how they were designed and one of the advantages of the it series over the more affordable options. you can wire up to about 1000w on one cord. i've seen 6 it2040s on one to the wall.

Well, I would use a surge protector, cuz if the first one gets zapped, then they all fry in a daisy chain....
But as long as the outlet can handle the load...I don't see a problem?

the units have built in "circuit protection" for just that reason to avoid linked damage in case of one unit's failure. at least that is what the oddly written sales brief mentions: "circuit relay protect for no damage to more units connect together."