Palys and toxic

Nhanguyen09

Hi, just have a question about toxic and paly. I know that the toxic can be steamed and release. Are there any danger, when we have a stuck on heater, would this be any danger as it a scenario that could occur in a home aquarium.

Thanks

I would think...if you had alot of palys and the water actually boiled then yes...it could...

But you have a dilution rate going on as they are underwater....and I'm assuming the entire tank is not full of palys...

So there could be harm to any fish (would already be if the heater stuck on and it got really warm) in the tank and I wouldn't go sticking my hands in the tank after that occurred without gloves and a respirator...

The water would have to get so hot that it would nebulize or steam like crazy to send the poison airborn. So Im thinking no risk with stuck on aquarium heater.

Agreed, they meant if you cooked them. Not the heat from a basic heater. Make sure you wash your hands after touching them though. If accidentally ingested you could get sick.

Agreed, they meant if you cooked them. Not the heat from a basic heater. Make sure you wash your hands after touching them though. If accidentally ingested you could get sick.

Use gloves. I've touched my zoas and palys a thousand times and never got sick BUT one in a thousand is too much risk!