Replacing skimmer pump?

smallreef

So, noting that the pump on my skimmer has gone out for the 4th time in the last 6 months because of a power blip....I'm going to replace it....(the current pump is an atman 2500 I think)

Though this will be interesting since there is not a pump out there with the same specs and same size....

Being that I will have to "make something work" I thought of going with the psk1000, for as much as I have heard decent things about it....

But, if anyone has any others they have used before with similar or better results, please let me know.

The only downfall of this whole issue is that the pump has to fit inside my skimmer housing, so the space is only 6.5 wide and the height of the chamber is right now about 4-5 inches high...

So...if you've got any ideas...I'd love to hear them! (Also possibly just ordering a CS1)

I think you should get a CS1, but I'm biased :)

I have only had about 6 months of experience with PSK-1000's, but I've not heard a single bad thing about them. As a matter of fact, I think Steve might have one FS if he's not sold it yet.