Minor sump mods

emissary

So I need to make some very minor mods to my sump. Primarily I need to build a stand so that I can place my in-sump skimmer in the sump and have it submerged 9 inches as the docs say I should. Now... I could use little acrylic squares around the side and eggcate on top of those squares to hold it up. Or I could use a couple of PVC pipes standing up, cut the same height. The latter doesn't require any significant work. Thoughts?

I'd also been thinking about creating a little mangrove section of my sump. Sort of like an in-refugium windowbox. Anyone done anything else this before? Where might I locate scraps of acrylic, and what am I supposed to glue acrylic together with again?

I'd definitely just use the pvc glued to egg crate for your skimmer. As for acrylic, you can go by HD and buy a small sheet for just a few bucks. Can even get a rep there to straight cut it to your specs for a quarters per cut over your first. John at BRK is now selling weld-on which is an acrlylic cement as well (think he's already stocking!). Pick you up a can at the social if you are intending to attend.

So I need to make some very minor mods to my sump.  Primarily I need to build a stand so that I can place my in-sump skimmer in the sump and have it submerged 9 inches as the docs say I should.  Now... I could use little acrylic squares around the side and eggcate on top of those squares to hold it up.  Or I could use a couple of PVC pipes standing up, cut the same height.  The latter doesn't require any significant work.  Thoughts?

I'd also been thinking about creating a little mangrove section of my sump.  Sort of like an in-refugium windowbox.  Anyone done anything else this before?  Where might I locate scraps of acrylic, and what am I supposed to glue acrylic together with again?

48889[/snapback]