Something is eating Pocillopora?

Derson21

Woke up this morning to the backside completely bleached out and some polyps missing on 2 branches.  I don't think it's tissue necrosis because the entire frag looked great last night.  It was been placed about 4 to 5 inches from a small frogspawn, not sure if it's sweepers could reach it, but I moved it this morning incase it was the frogspawn. The only other culprits in my tank, that I know of, would be Peppermint Shrimp or an Algae Blenny.  Has anyone had either of these eat your Poci before?

Sweeper tentacles from almost all LPS (including frogspawn) can reach out to 3-4x the size of the head.  I would place my bets that it is the culprit.

If the polyps died, they will not regrow, however, as the coral expands, it will cover over that old area of dead tissue - just like they will spread on the surface of rocks, etc.  But, if there is anything left of a polyp, they often can regrow.  I also wouldn't be surprised if some ejected -its a fairly common way for the coral to avoid dying.  You might find tiny little poci's all around the tank someday.