Jump to content


WAMAS Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Derson21

  • Rank

Custom Fields

  • Gender
  1. Derson21


  2. No water made yet, just got the tank back up and running. Going to get some going now. Chuck, Hahahaha. not only the fridge but hair dryers, flat iron, iPad charger, this thing sold itself! Now if it could only help me get a shower! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Well I ended up stopping and getting a generator. Have a powerhead, heater and lights on and going to get some water ready for a change. Yellow leather is looking rough and the RBTA looks pretty stressed out. Thanks again for all the suggestions and help. I'll update with progress. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I'm leaving in 15 minutes which should put me home by 130 after stopping at the store for battery powered pumps. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  5. I'm going to try to leave work soon. Hopefully I can make it back and grab some battery pumps before it's too late.
  6. I have a pair of clowns, algae blenny, cherub angel, neon goby, damsel, RBTA, and mostly a mixture of soft coral, polyps and leathers.
  7. Yes, called them around 5 AM, 7AM, 10AM and 11. Still can't tell me any approx. time that it would be restored or even what the actual cause is. I'm sure ice/weather related but they don't know the cause of the problem yet.
  8. I didn't have any battery powered pumps and nothing was open when I had to leave for work/school. Nothing running at all, I feel like I'm going to breakdown any minute. I have my wife going home at lunch to see if power has been restored. I work over an hour from my house so me going home during lunch isn't an option.
  9. So my power went out last night around 1AM. I do not have an alternate power supply so I wrapped my tank in a comforter to try to contain the heat and help form the water temp falling fast. I had to leave my house at 7:30 AM to take my daughter to school and go to work, still didn't have any power but the temp on the tank was still at 78-77 degrees. I have no idea if or when the power will be back, neither does the power company. Do you think I'll have anything living by the time I get home this evening around 530 or 6?
  10. It is probably related to the Flame but it's tentacles are more brown/tan and no electric luminescence. It seems to wedge itself into a good spot and opens up all day but then moves in the evening. I'll try to get some video of it on the move.
  11. Derson21


  12. I picked one of these up from my LFS over the weekend. It's pretty cool and actively cruising around the tank, has anyone had any experience with them?
  13. Found this interesting! http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0083476
  14. Yes, 32 LED's per switch. They are separated front and back, not side to side. Meaning that the switch that is in the rear of the light controls the 2 panels across the back and the switch towards the front of the light control the 2 panels towards the the front of the light. There are two plugs, one for each switch and a driver for each plug. I'll post detailed pics of the drivers when I get home. I'm not really sure how it's wired yet, as soon as I figured out that I couldn't access the lights or get the boards out without taking off all of the lenses I put it back together. I will have more time and less people at my house tonight to get into more detail. Thanks, Joe
  15. Sorry guys, got distracted with some company over the weekend. I did get a chance to break the light down a little, took both ends off the fixture to try to access the diodes, but it seems like I have to take all of the lenses off to get to them. I was going to do that but then realized I didn't have the lights labeled for color so I put what I had done back together and plan on labeling and breaking it down further tonight. Here are photos of what I have done so far...
  • Create New...