New BioCube 14g build

Brownmarc

I have a question concerning water changes. In the 14gallon biocube u have been doing 5 gallon water changes every two weeks. I have started to see really good success with the few corals I do have but am wondering if changing 10 gallons a month is two much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally forgot to do a small update. I finally got a biocube stand to sit the little guy on. He looks great up there and I have to admit I'm happy to have him off my 40 breeder stand. Only problem is now the 40 is out of the closet and on the stand I have a terrible itch to set it up but that's going to have to wait a couple of months lol. Also picked up some awesome pulsing Xenia from another wamas member. It's pretty just have to try and rubber band it downPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image to a rock later on tonight. Finally here are some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would advise to stick with the biocube for as long as possible, and then go as big as you can after that on your next build (whatever space and income will allow,) if you choose to do another build. Or you'll find yourself constantly moving up. It will save you money and headache in the long term.

Is that just a single clown in there?

I would advise to stick with the biocube for as long as possible, and then go as big as you can after that on your next build (whatever space and income will allow,) if you choose to do another build. Or you'll find yourself constantly moving up. It will save you money and headache in the long term.

Is that just a single clown in there?

Your totally fight about that.

Yes it only one clown. She had a mate for the past three years but lady week he passed. Was really sad to see him go as I had grown really fond of him. He was looking a little thin for about a month but I really don't know waft happened. Everyone one else are looking great mayb just old age. Should I get her a mate?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there wamas family. Wanted to give you a small update on the biocube. Things are coming along slowly but it's a big difference. I have some great new additions.

1. 2 toadstools (one large and one small)

2. Orange and blue ricordea

3. GSP

4. Green zoanthids

5. Pink mouth paly

6. Yellow star polyp

7. White finger leather

8. Gold n pink mouth paly

9. Two other kinds of zoanthids

10. Pulsing Xenia

Everyone is doing great and I really happy with the progress the tank has made. Yay and here are some pics. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• 1 month later...

Howdy WAMAS,

Its been a month since I last posted. Added two new corals and moved some stuff around. Havent really had alot of time to tinker with the tanks since im studing for my next IT cert. None the less here is a nice pic of the tank and all of its babys.I have at least three PALY's I that I dont know the name of, maybe someone can help me identify. I circled them :laugh:. The params are weird from what I hear my calcium and carbonate hardness are way to high and I am not sure why. Always looking for sugestions and ideas on how to make the tank better. I would love to iron all the wrinkles out before I move to the 40GAL. :cool:

Params:

Salinity = 1.026
Nitrate- .02
Phosphate- 0.25
Calcium- over 520 ppm (not sure why)
Carbonate hardness- 12 dKH

Livestock:

1 Percula Clown
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Emerald Crab

Corals:

2 Toadstools
1 White Finger Leather
Lots of Pulsing Xenia
Green Star Polps
Bright Orange, Brown and Green Ric
Yellow Star Polps (Product of swap)
3 Palys that I dont know what kind they are
Purple Zoa (Product of Swap- Sharkey18)
Green Zoa (Mobay1517)
Green Frogspawn with purple tips (Quantum Reefs)
Nuclear Green Goniopora (Quantum Reefs)

post-2633938-0-55668500-1393366742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brownmarc

• 1 month later...

Hello Wamas,

It's been far to long since I have posted an update on the biocube. We recently added a new member to our family and he has really been eating into out time. His name is jasper and he is the cutest thing In the world lol. As far as the biocube goes everything is steadily growing and I have run out of room on my sand bed lol. I'm planning the setup for the 40 in my head and a new thread will be coming soon. It will be slow but steady. N e way enough about the 40 let's see some pics of the 14 and of Jasper lol. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks the tank has really come a long way. He is the worst he will sit there for hours looking at them and pushing on the glass lol