clam not doing so great

YHSublime

All burping arguments aside, this clam was receded enough that I doubt burping would work. There was no reaction, no closing of the shell, no spitting. Instead of murking up my water, I ended up taking the advice of those who have had clams before me, and shucked it.

Aw cmon man
..sorry...that just is heart breaking..hope you figure out what happened

I searched the shell all over for a hint, my levels posted above are all from yesterday afternoon. Like the mandarin, I doubt I'll ever know. On another note, everything else is great, so I guess there is a plus side.

Not a clam expert but from the photo, I wonder if there has been a problem for a while. Looking at the growth "lines" it seems like it's been "shrinking" so to speak. Normally the growth is more upwards whereas your clam was growing inwards. Look up pinched mantle disease.

Again, not a big clam guy but the growth doesn't look quite right to me...

I read about it last night while I was trying to diagnose, and I didn't see it, but perhaps it's one of those things that I overlooked because I don't know any better, also not a clam expert.

How do nitrates get up to 20 if there are no fish/feeding? I'm new

I'm still feeding as to keep my beneficial bacteria up , or else I'll crash the tank adding all those fish in again at the same time, I believe.