Hooray Beer!... I mean fish

Djplus1

Anyone here have any experience with the red stripe angelfish AKA Eibli Angel? I decided to roll the dice on a dwarf angel in my frag tank for algae control. Hopefully he doesn't frag my zoas instead! I have good success in my mixed reef with my cherub angel, so I'm hoping the luck continues. The frag tank has plenty of live rock. It's not just glass and egg crate.

I clicked this because of "beer." But now I'm confused? Please post pictures of my, I mean your, new clam.

I clicked this because of "beer." But now I'm confused? Please post pictures of my, I mean your, new clam.

You don't remember those ridiculous "Hooray Beer" Red Stripe commercials from a couple years ago? I will post a pic of the clam, but it's gonna suck. I have a bow front and I can't seem to get a good pic to save my life, unless I'm right on the glass, then everything comes up super purple, I am of course using a phone cam.

I tried one because the wife really liked the colors.  It didn't last long.  I saw no nipping at zoas but it definitely had a taste for acros and birdsnests.

Wife liked the colors too. It was this or another attempt at a flame angel. Did yours "nip" or truly damage your coral?

It nipped quite a bit and I literally would see tissue lost in some of the places on an acro that is really liked.  In the end it wasn't worth it to see who would win.  She decided she liked a coral beauty so we tried that and it worked.  Other than a bit aggressive with the clowns it hasn't nipped at all.  I did a bit of research and the Eibli is "known" to be one of the riskier pygmy Angels.