Help ID this thing!!

bendeng

These itty bitty crumb-esque critters are infesting my BFs current tank and I think its giving the fish ich. idk...

Posted Image

Theyre clearish with 6 or 8 little legs. All over the place. Sorry its a cell phone pic...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well I don't think that's it but now that I'm thinking about it, would having a bare bottom tank make them more visable. From what I ever understood about them they lived in the sandbed and I'm sure my sand sifting starfish consumed them but maybe now since I've removed the sandbed (getting ready to move to a 120g) they're showing up on the glass and flowing throughout? ??

Most likely amphiod or copepod. Relax, take a breather you and your bf, and enjoy the life in your tank.

Have fun!

Ok. Haha breathing. Ill try. Thanks

There are only two damsels in there... and one of them recently got ich. Idk how tho.

I cant tell what they are from the picture. I dont know much about ick because my fish have never had it. ick does go through different life cycles (attached to fish then free swimming etc) there is a thread pinned on the wamas main page that is very very informative. here is video of my pods that live in my refugium. In my Display Tank they hide. Hope they look similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuv9tEU8jAE

We do have those but these are kind of microscopic. Just comcerned and wanting to make sure its nothing to be alarmed about.