EcoTech marine reeflink

wade

So I got my Reeflink this morning.  I'm impressed, although it still has some early software issues, at how well it works and how easily.  No buttons, no controls, just plug it in and go.  I've already reprogrammed my radions and had no issues.  Now I'm really looking forward to updates as I would really like some more programming control of my mp40s.

For anyone who has Ecotech devices, this is a nice unit and the beta program is worth it if you can get in.  For $99 for the device vs $199 when it goes full retail, plus the ability to add constructive comments and suggestions about the design is worth it.

post-2632297-0-05225000-1379353048_thumb.jpg

Currently, they do only control radions. However, there are plans to integrate it with Vortech pumps (very soon from what I gather) and then onward into new areas as well.

From their site: "But controlling your Radion is just the beginning: Soon VorTech pumps will also be controllable through ReefLink. And in the future — well, let's just say that ReefLink will eventually give you control over just about everything in your tank."

So I got my Reeflink this morning.  I'm impressed, although it still has some early software issues, at how well it works and how easily.  No buttons, no controls, just plug it in and go.  I've already reprogrammed my radions and had no issues.  Now I'm really looking forward to updates as I would really like some more programming control of my mp40s.

For anyone who has Ecotech devices, this is a nice unit and the beta program is worth it if you can get in.  For $99 for the device vs $199 when it goes full retail, plus the ability to add constructive comments and suggestions about the design is worth it.

How did you get yours? Did they contact you?

First I got an email saying 'congrats you have been accepted' which asked me to email them back with contact info.  They called me later the same day after I'd responded and verbally took my credit card info.  

.. And in the future — well, let's just say that ReefLink will eventually give you control over just about everything in your tank."

oooh, an ecotech aquarium controller...man, that would be well-executed and $texas i bet. can't wait!

First I got an email saying 'congrats you have been accepted' which asked me to email them back with contact info.  They called me later the same day after I'd responded and verbally took my credit card info.  

Lucky!