CO2 Regulator recommendations

rtsusc83

I am preparing to set up my first CA reactor and shopping around for equipment.  I came across the aquarium plants carbon doser electronic CO2 regulator here and was wondering if anyone has or is using them.  I am shopping around so looking for other recommendations.  Thanks in advance  

http://www.aquariumplants.com/CarbonDoser_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm

I recommend the aquarium plants electronic one.  Pay more up front - but the control and ease to dial it in is a big benefit - I got one about 3 ore more years ago and love it.  In the past I purchased the Milwaukee's and others like that for under $129 that would only last about 2 years or less and then fail and drain tank.  Maybe just solenoid failed - but still a pain.  No issues with this electronic one.

http://www.aquariumplants.com/CarbonDoser_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm

I recommend the aquarium plants electronic one.  Pay more up front - but the control and ease to dial it in is a big benefit - I got one about 3 ore more years ago and love it.  In the past I purchased the Milwaukee's and others like that for under $129 that would only last about 2 years or less and then fail and drain tank.  Maybe just solenoid failed - but still a pain.  No issues with this electronic one.

Same story - sooner or later the solenoid will fail, electronic is the way to go.

On the planted tank forums folks have taken that electronic regulator apart. It apparently just has a little clippard mouse solenoid in it that is switched open and closed rapidly to deliver bubbles at the desired rate. Its a nice little package. A fancy needle valve that actually works.

Edited by AlanM