Spray Injection Skimmer Question

ohaverd

I've been scanning the intranetz for some help with my EV 400 but I have come up empty.  I know how to operate it, and the skimmer has been running great for about 6 months or so, but now all of a sudden I'm having a hard time getting it to stay at the proper water level, and it isnt creating bubbles up the tube any longer.  What are the steps I should take to try to fix the issue?  Do you think this is probably just routine maintenance that needs to be done to the pump or something?  Its a mag 24 plumbed with a ball valve.

what are the steps I should take for maintenance on a spray injector? 

off hand I was going to viniger bath the pump, but is there anything in the EV 400 that needs to be checked, like the spray injector? 

thanks for any help.

How old is the impeller in your feed pump?  I had an EV 120 and finally had to give up on it, after months of fighting with it I just couldn't sit there for hours on end trying to get it to trim out and work properly.  There isn't really a lot of maintenance to do on the injector, but you may want to check the pump and clean it.  Depending on how old the pump is, you might want to replace the impeller.

The number one problem with AquaC skimmers are clogged injectors due to dirty and salt build up. Take it out and give a a good vinegar soak and clean it with a toothbrush. Works every time for me when I had them. 

How old is the impeller in your feed pump?  I had an EV 120 and finally had to give up on it, after months of fighting with it I just couldn't sit there for hours on end trying to get it to trim out and work properly.  There isn't really a lot of maintenance to do on the injector, but you may want to check the pump and clean it.  Depending on how old the pump is, you might want to replace the impeller.

The Mag 24 is only 6 months old...  how often should one replace the impeller?

The number one problem with AquaC skimmers are clogged injectors due to dirty and salt build up. Take it out and give a a good vinegar soak and clean it with a toothbrush. Works every time for me when I had them. 

Thanks, I'll do that!  Hopefully that will be the root of the problem.

I agree...clean them once a month and you will keep this from happening again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Do you have the 1inch nozzle if not you should get a few.

A mag 24 will allow you to run the 400 with a very high water level

if you like.

Try running it 2 inches from the cup you will be surprised how it

functions at that water level.......very stable foam head.

(edited)

welp, apparently the spray injector doesn't work very well if there are cerith snails stuck in it... go figure :tongue: ...  I dislodged them and now its running like a champ again!  Thanks for the help!

Do you have the 1inch nozzle if not you should get a few.

A mag 24 will allow you to run the 400 with a very high water level

if you like.

Try running it 2 inches from the cup you will be surprised how it

functions at that water level.......very stable foam head.

what is the "1inch nozzle"?  is that the spray injector?  And where does one buy these?

Edited by ohaverd

Your setup should have a 1 inch nozzle upgrade.

Its a special larger spray nozzle made for greg carroll

that AQUA C makes.

Send him a email i think i paid 10.00 for one.

A 1000/2000 or 400 should have one in my experience.

The hose end on a regular is 3/4 inch the hose end on the upgrade

is 1 inch.

Edited by basser9

Your setup should have a 1 inch nozzle upgrade.

Its a special larger spray nozzle made for greg carroll

that AQUA C makes.

Send him a email i think i paid 10.00 for one.

A 1000/2000 or 400 should have one in my experience.

The hose end on a regular is 3/4 inch the hose end on the upgrade

is 1 inch.

nice, I'll look into that