Best CUC for the $$? got RHA and GHA

firecrackerbob

So its time to reorder my CUC.  My tank has become recently infested with Green hair algae and has always had a problem with red hair algae.

Ive found that the standard mix of red legs, blue legs, astrea, scarlets and nerites does pretty good for everything except red hair algae...

Does anyone have any ideas for combating RHA !?!?! 

some have reccomended sea hares or lettuce nudis, but ive never tried.....

first make sure your water params are good.  They could be reading 0 because the GHA is feeding on all the nitrates and phosphates.  Therefore, you gotta make sure there isnt something in the tank feeding the GHA Nitrates and phosphates (locating the source of the problem is the first step).  if thats all good, find a good GHA eater like rabbitfish or scopas tang.  Some fish dont like the really long GHA so you need to manually remove it until it is short enough for them to eat. 

Cyano maybe mistaken for rha..never heard of rha before... Now gha..moms 20 is getting that prob in hand..finally..with snails crabs and gfo... All i can say about gha is that it is a PITA; and i dont mean the sandwich !8)

heh... dont worry, I rarely hear about people getting it.  I have no clue how it ended up in my tank.  pulling by hand keeps it in check, butnothing seems to want to eat it, so it never really goes away... I noticed when I stopped dosing iron (for my fuge) that its growth was severly hampered...