Innovative Marine ATO

Mattiejay6

Hey Steve @ QR, hows it working out so far?

so, after a week of having this hooked up.. i must say... wow... very impressed.  We have it hooked up to an Aqualifter pump and it keeps it precise... you can use the two sensors to basically be within millimeters of one another.. and it keeps it at that level... stable... The magnet sensors are very easy to position as well.  So far, give it an A+. 

As far as the cost, it is expensive at $200, but I can honestly say that this thing is so much more precise and easier to use that the Tunze Osmolator which is priced the same.  It doesn't come with the pump though since Innovative Marine sells the small thin pump separately ($100).  For a nano where space is limited, you might want to get both but this ATO can fit just about anywhere since the sensors are so small.  We currently have it on our display tank at the store so if you want to come by and see it in action so you can make the judgement call for youself.

The Avast ATO is still a great value at $89 though and works very, very reliably.  I've had one running on my personal tank since it was first introduced a few years ago and still no issue.  In the end, it's up to you what you think works better in your situation and what your budget allows.