My fish won't swim

NateCamReef

I have had my 180 up and running for a few months now. I have a hippo, a yellow, a unicorn, a sailfin, mandarin, flame angel and a few small fish. The rock work is very low key and there is plenty of room for the fish to swim and be happy. I would estimate about 2/3 of the total volume of the tank is open for swimming, and there are several caves and hiding spots as well. The tank is located in a separate room that is only trafficked when someone is looking at the tank or doing maintenance. 

Here's the problem. Whenever I enter the room, I almost always find a group of 6-7 fish hovering in the front corner. I want these fish to be happy and zooming back and forth! Are they just waiting for food and stop when I walk in?

I'm starting to wish I had put the tank in a common area.

Any thoughts?

post-2633541-0-25557500-1373995699_thumb.jpg

set up a remote camera and see what they do when no one is in there...

mine all rush to the tank when anyone walks into the room ...lol even the dogs....but give up after a bit and resume swimming unless i get too close to the tank and then its back to begging....so my guess is they act very very differently when no one is around...problem is for you, most likely the majority of the time they see anyone they get fed ...like only putting a dog in the car to go to the vets....they get a fast learned response to what they are most exposed to

I agree, If your current is not TooStrong in the open... I don't see why They would not want to just swim in the open.... So Maybe Change Current Directions a Lil'??, and B E A UTIFUL tank... :)