BRS RODI

Huly

We just bought this RODI unit from BRS

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-5-stage-plus-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

It seems to have come with all the filters but the manual states the following:

"This kit does not include a 75gpd dow filmtec membrane filter as they only need replacement every three years or so depending on water and set up"

It states that after all install flush running instructions in the maintain your RODI system section.

So does it have a membrane now? Do we need to order something else? We can not get canister open to look but we don't want to keep trying and mess it up. Does anyone have this system and have any idea what it means?

Also under the please make sure all parts are included and undamaged it points to the white canister and lists it as 75GPD down filmtec membrane.

Is that the entire canister or something inside?

There should be a membrane...otherwise no RO happens

post-2633711-137252129479_thumb.jpg

It's in there! Mines not BRS but I had to DIY portions of mine (long story, wish I had gone BRS). It is a separate piece inside the white canister I'm pointing to in the picture

No problem I had a bad RODI purchase experience and would hate to see anyone else deal with the same. I would suggest getting the filter wrenches they sell at BRS or HD to get the canisters off

Quick update, it did have the membrane in there (took some elbow grease to get it off. The BRS system does come with a wrench, but they are for the canisters, not the tube that contains the membrane.

Couple notes for anyone who wants to get one in the future:

1) It says to setup your entire system and flush, however, I disconnected the DI part as not to waste it for the hour long flush

2) It does not call for it, but since I am sure there was some dust from the carbon, I did a quick 2-3 minute flush of the membrane, so no carbon residue/dust got stuck in it.

3) The system says that 60 PSI is optimal for this system, if it approaches 40, you should get a booster. When I was doing the flush, I noticed I was only at 48 psi, and after adding on the DI, I was at about 50. We chatted with sachabballi reef and she told us she had the same type of psi when she lived in our part of leesburg (it is a restriction by the city). I have noticed last time I checked however, that the psi has risen close to 60psi (not sure why)

4) I am still making water, bit in 4 hours I made close to 18 gallons that is close to 4.5 gph or 108 gpd (much higher output than than our system specifies (75 gpd). I am not complaining, but has anyone else experienced the same type performance?

5) The tds reading going in to my DI is 7 and going out has been 0.

6) I really like the construction on this thing, and the perks, including the pressure gauge, membrane flush, automatic shutoff valve, dual tds meter, etc. So far, money well spent :)

Here is the one I got:

Great! Sounds like it's all good I live just outside of DC and my pressure is constantly around 55psi unless someone's taking a shower or washing a dog upstairs. So unless yours drops below 50 I wouldn't worry to much

Wahoooo

Awesome Pez!!!!!!! I'm psyched to hear it.

Unless you have a memory like steel trap you may want to install a shut off valve if you haven't already. Its the reason I'm still married lol...Steve wasn't so thrilled with all my floods...of course imagine if he really knew how many there were ....shhhhhh

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have had the same RO/DI system from BRS for 6 months now. My TDS reads 5 in and 0 out still, but I am only making 5 gallons of water a week since I have a small tank.

The auto shutoff works great as I can let it run on its own with no worries. I still flush for 1 minute once the bucket is full and shutoff the water just in case something fails.

I am starting to see the DI starting to change color from the bottom, but TDS is still 0 going out.

all of the BRS RO/DI units come standard with the ASV but i would always run a back-up in case your float valve fails. they are great, easy to work with units. congrats on the purchase!

We just bought this RODI unit from BRS

It seems to have come with all the filters but the manual states the following:

"This kit does not include a 75gpd dow filmtec membrane filter as they only need replacement every three years or so depending on water and set up"

It states that after all install flush running instructions in the maintain your RODI system section.

So does it have a membrane now? Do we need to order something else? We can not get canister open to look but we don't want to keep trying and mess it up. Does anyone have this system and have any idea what it means?

the picture on the link shows a membrane.