Holedup82's 29 Gallon fowlr to reef

Tanks been cycled since January. I got a Zoa frag from A1 and didn't want to put it in my 75 fowlr. Guess this is going reef hope you like pardon the poor picture quality. My goal with the tank is to go full on reef any ideas on scraping and corals are welcome and appreciated.post-2633711-137218960135_thumb.jpg

Posted Imagepost-2633711-137218982757_thumb.jpg

Sweet!  I'm a huge LPS fan, so my tank is nothing but LPS, softies, and zoas.  SPS requires higher water quality and better lighting so it can be a bit harder to be successful raising than the rest of them.  I'd recommend going through pictures and other resources online to try and develop a game plan as to what you want your tank to be based off of.  Good luck!

So far I think you've got a good canvas...

Really depends n what you like as swimmate states...lps and zoas can deal with dirtier water (which is why I prefer them, plus I think they are prettier) Vice sps needing cleaner water and better husbandry skills perhaps ...

What fish are in there? And what fish are you planning on adding if any?

I have a 29 too. You can check it out in my link below. It's a challenging tank proportion because of the depth. Keep that in mind when reaquascaping, if you decide. If you do sps you may be able to just do water changes to replenish trace elements instead of dosing.... One of the benefits of a smaller system... Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I definitely am leaning more lps and soft when it comes to corals the tank is overstocked atm due to my 75 being dosed for ich. Tank params look good even with the overstock of fish. I am hiding a homemade copepod refuge behind some of the rock work just to get them breeding in tank. Hence the current scaping.

I plan on leaving the pistol shrimp/watchman combo, my single Picasso clown, and probably the two black and gold Chromis.

Lighting wise I've got LEDs in tank and t5s in top I have a 4 t5 setup but since I only have the one Zola frag I took two of the bulbs out to cut back on alge blooms since the tank does get some natural sunlight.

Filtration I'm using a cannister filter rated for a 55gallon tank and a hob rated for 25.

I'm also running a 55 gallon rated in tank uv.

Any pics of the new stuff you added? What do you have in the canister filter? Most reefers don't use them except to run carbon or another media in but rely on the rock for filtration. The sponge or filter floss in those can become nitrate factories if not cleaned often. What fish do you have in the tank?

I just moved some fish back to my 75... I have a pair of davinci clowns, pink spot watchmachman pistol shrimp pair a black and gold Chromis, green mandarin and a Christmas wrasse. I've been trying to catch the wrasse and get him into the 75 which is fowlr. He hasn't nibbled on anything but better safe than sorry. I'd like to get the mandarin in the 75 once the pods are built up enough again. Lights are off but ill take pics tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

So having won a 20g long at QRs store opening, I was going to use it for a QT Tank. Decided to keep my two 10g QTs running and flip the 20 to a frag tank due to fragfest today. I really was expecting to bring home less than I did (lesson learned). post-2633711-137446245294_thumb.jpgpost-2633711-13744624624_thumb.jpgpost-2633711-137446247206_thumb.jpg

Ignore the hideous wallpaper

post-2633711-137446251263_thumb.jpgpost-2633711-137446253411_thumb.jpgpost-2633711-137446254929_thumb.jpgpost-2633711-137446256028_thumb.jpgpost-2633711-137446257566_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New aqua scape and frag placements here it is under actinics, ignore the blatant product placement (attempting to catch a Christmas wrasse)

post-2633711-137524078177_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update!!!!

So I built a sump for my 75 build. Got tired of looking at it doing nothing. So I put it to use. Got a skimmer for the 75, hob overflow. Going to have to build a sump for the 30 when the 75 is done. Here are some pictures.

Moved the uv sterilizer to the sump, the excess pump from my old Nexx filter, the heater to the sump. It's much more open now. Da Vinci doesn't know what to do with himself.

Posted Image

Ignore the wallpaper, it's older than I am

Posted Image

Sump

Posted Image

Sump on 75 stand plumbed to the 29

Posted Image

This one was curious

Posted Image

So I puppy proofed

Posted Image

Lol...love the puppy gate!

Sump looks awesome..

Good use of space!

Thank you! Yea I'm going to have to build a sliding door or something for the long run to keep her out