2 MR5's off 1 Cobalt MJ1200?

Djplus1

Well no one has confirmed what the Avast reactor I picked up was, so I assume it was an earlier MR5 or some other smaller number that I've never heard of. I want to save space in my sump so I'd rather not run two pumps, so I wondered if I could T off the line to go to each MR5 with the Cobalt MJ1200? I have one valve, which I guess I would use on the Rox and I could run GFO or whatever else on full power. Does this sound feasible?

i would get 2 cobalts, or you can get a bigget return pump and a manifold and run multiple items with a single pump.

All ideas sound great, but I have a tiny sump. Do you not think that the 1200 has enough juice? BRS' dual reactor lists a 1200 as a preferred pump. I can't see how this set up would be much different.

All ideas sound great, but I have a tiny sump. Do you not think that the 1200 has enough juice? BRS' dual reactor lists a 1200 as a preferred pump. I can't see how this set up would be much different.

never ran gfo with carbon with a single mj1200, but did run a biopellet reactor which then goes to a skimmer and the 1200 was not able to keep the biopellets tumbling.

A 1200 can't tumble biopellets but it should be enough for GFO and carbon. You don't want to tumble those too much.  If you use ROX carbon, I recommend putting it in a bag inside the reactor.  Those tiny pieces can escape just about anything bigger than a 800 micron filter bag.

I do run Rox in a brs 200 micron bag, as 800 does not hold Rox, trust me. Since I bag it, do I need either the foam or mesh disks at all? I don't know anything about gfo, though. Do I need to use the mesh disks or the foam, since I presume I won't bag the gfo?