flame fairy wrasse

jimlin

i am thinking about purchasing 2 females, but as i was doing my research it requires a larger tank than the one i got (75). i currently have 2 clowns and a hippo tang in there which are all about an inch long. i was planning to add them when the clowns get a little bigger since the ones i saw for sale are typically 2-3 inches long. do the flames really need 100+ gallons and will they get along with the fishes currently in my tank?

(edited)

No, 75 is more than appropriate.  I'm thinking about getting a pair for my 57.  I don't know who recommends 100+ gallons but it sounds like some snorkel bob stuff... (I'm sure you've had to deal with/see his stuff now that you're in Hawaii).

Just make sure you have a lid.  I had a pair in my old 75 and there was more than enough space.

Edited by L8 2 RISE

they are extremely active and will zip across my 180 in the blink of an eye but 75 is a sufficient tank size. they are jumpers. i say again they are jumpers

sweet. flames added to the wish list. snorkel bob haha. he is still trying to shut down the aquarium trade here in hawaii.