Apex base unit

hypertech

I'm having some trouble with mine.

First, I noticed my tunzes weren't spinning. If I unplug the control cable, they started spinning. Looks like the control cable is rusted and may have shorted out.

Now, I have no network connectivity. I thought it might be the wireless adapter so I bought a power line adapter but no dice. The status light for a connection does not come on.

I've tried network reset and cycling power. No help.

Anyone have other suggestions? Seems like some of the ports on my base unit have gone out. Anyone know of a local shop that carries just the base unit?

Mine started to do some of the stuff you mentioned when we had some power issues in the house. I upgraded the firmware and that fixed a few of the issues for me. I don't know if that helps but its worth a try. 

Just connect to laptop. Give it an IP address as stated in the Users manual. Your connected!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I had network problems too but I was able to connect directly. I had to flash it multiple times due to errors but it finally worked.

Last week I thought my base unit had a network problem too.  I went through the troubleshooting steps with Neptune and they even issued me an RMA.  When I came back this weekend I was about to pack it up but decided to do one last bit of troubleshooting.

I directly connected a laptop to the unit using a crossover ethernet cable.  Lo and behold the darn thing worked!  Tracing things back, turns out I had a bad network wall jack connector.  Swapped that out and everything is working fine!

BTW,if you don't have an ethernet surge protector for the Apex, I highly recommend it.  Apparently they can be somewhat sensitive to network power surges.  They cost about $20.

41V42PMZ98L._SY300_.jpg