JBJ 28gallon Nano Refugium Light

Curtis Scott

I am thinking of purchasing this one - http://www.marineandreef.com/JBJ_Nano_Glo_LED_Refugium_Light_p/RJB10094.htm?gclid=CJTzxtCcqrcCFYqk4AodRFAAbQ

I plan to grow chateo in one of the chambers in the back. The one right next to the pump return on the back right side of the tank (while looking at it from the front).

Does anyone have experience with this one, know if there is a better alternative or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I have one of those on the back of one of my Bio cubes and it works great.

for macro i've always had more success with lights designed for that purpose with the 600/660nm wavelength and maybe a couple 450nm LEDs but predominantly the former. out of CFL and LEDs from 3000k to 14000k lights, the most success and fastest growth rates were had with the 660nm (8 LEDs) & 450nm (2 LEDs) PAR38 bulbs. it was an obvious difference and if works with your setup, i would be more inclined to implement something like that.

Thanks everyone

After looking at them both, I've decided to go with the JBJ one I have link in my post. The heat from the 10w Halogen and needing to have two for the tall chamber was my main concern. With the cost of two of those plus shipping, getting the JBJ one was not that much more from Amazon Prime. 

Thanks again for the feedback guys!