Garys 150 cube build

(edited)

Well everyone, with the finish of my new house it is finally time for a new tank.

I purchased a 150 deep dimension with stand and top. Am placing the tank in my sitting room upstairs and am plumbing the tank into the basement for all the maint and filtration needs. Have a 150 long tank i am going to use for the sump and have a ASM G4 plus (the one with the sedra 15000 in it) am using a vertex illumina 360 24 inch for lighting. Already have the fixture furned way down and on my smaller cube Light was too expensive, but i really love the colors. It is a led that has the look of a metal halide sort of. Also has neat features. I had a taotronics light on the cube, worked really nice till it burned up in 6 months. Funny about how they offer a 2 year warrenty but wont fix the light TAO TRONICS BEWARE cheap light, i have several but am now very leary of the brand. Well Will start taking pictures of the build and post em when I can.

Been cycling the new rock in a 50 gal tank, funny how the little fish in that tank have no swimming room with 100 lbs of marco rock in it.

Well i figure ill have about 150 lbs of rock, 60 of that will be 4 years old or older, and about 130 gallons of cured water to start the new 150 with. Opinions wanted on how much sump I should start with, i was going to start with a 40 gal sump and start the 150 sump up and get it running for a while before it gets merged with the main tank. THat way the new tank will only get a small amount of fresh water in the system when it is moved.

Edited by gwweber