BRS ASOV for RODI Question

howaboutme

So I got the ASOV from BRS today and installed it. As far as I know, I followed all directions. (Actually, that's a joke, there weren't any! I viewed their video many times.)

My question is...does it take a long time before the valve will shut off the waste line? It works great for the filtered water but when I tested it by lifting the float up to stop the water,, the waste line still continues. Now, I only did this by hand for a minute or so. Does it actually take a while before the waste line registers and shuts off?

Just want to know if I got a dud.

Thanks.

assuming you installed correctly and have a check valve in place it should stop your waste line within a minute or two after the RO/DI unit actually is stopped, pressure should read high on your gauge.

Yes, pressure does stay the same. I tried 2 different places to put the ASOV. Since my unit has a Y coming from the last carbon filter with 1 leading to the pressure gauge and the other to the RO, I first tried to put the valve after the Y. It didn't shut the waste off so I tried it before the Y, same result....

I did put the check valve on the line just after the DI so it's just before the valve just like BRS instructed.

Sounds like a dud valve?

Thanks.

This graphic is very helpful and makes total sense compared to what I had from brs. I realized I did a thing wrong and will fix.

Thanks Russ and monkiboy.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Well....I tried again but it still didn't work. Not only did the waste line not shut off but the back pressure from the float shutting off the filtered water caused the check valve to leak. I think I got a dud. I'll have to contact BRS to get a replacement check and shut off valve. Thanks for the help.

A couple of email exchanges w/ Brandon at BRS later, a new check valve is on its way. This is my first time dealing w/ customer service and it was easy. Of course a check valve only costs them a few pennies.

So apparently the back pressure from the check valve works in conjunction with the ASOV to trigger the shut off. Interesting to know as I would assume it's just the back pressure from the float valve. Also, it could take up to 5 minutes for the waste water to stop.

I'll try it out this weekend, assuming I get the replacement soon and the ASOV is not part of the problem.

I finally got the ASOV to work after receiving a check valve replacement from BRS. It took almost 5 minutes for the waste to shut off. I almost gave up.

Now..is it the point to keep the water on and use the ASOV to control water flow from the RODI? I know that the DI resin is best kept wet but do you all trust your ASOV enough to shut off/on the water?