RO water

Guest scissorsfishors

Guest scissorsfishors

I am new the Baltimore/Washingon area. I have a 12 gallon nano cube. Before I moved there was a great pet store that I could purchase RO water from. I've called tons of fish stores and haven't found anyone that will sell water. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look or should I just suck it up and buy a RO filter?

thanks!

check our airwaterice.com they have a good selection of RO/DI systems together with good prices and shipping. I bought from them and got a good system with a great shipment.

Jacob

Guest scissorsfishors

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to decide on a system this week. :)

Guest alex wlazlak

on ebay, type aqua-safe , and there are cheap ro/di units, 5 stage units that produce around 100g's per day, for $115 buy-it-now...i bought one and its working great..

For a nano cube I would just get the box of real salt water- comes in a five gallon container at most petco's It is far easier with the small changes you will be needing to change- I only change about 1 gallon a month in my nano cube- Watch your salinity though because you will need to top off evaporated water with Fresh water- Again the amount is small so I would just use the 1 gallon distilled bottle water you can pick up with any store- If you end up with a larger system at some point- I would then do the RO/DI system.

Guest vballgirl75

Hi there, welcome to the area!

With my nano cube, I use the box of ocean water that you can buy from Petco. It's much easier than trying to mix salt like Lee said. I do use RO water to top off every once in a while.

Not sure where you live, so...

Marine Scene (in Herndon, VA) sells RO water. They also sell premixed RO Water with (I believe) Instance Ocean salt. They'll sell you a container with a spout as well. www.marinescene.com

Not sure if Aquarium Center up in Randallstown (off 695 and Liberty Road near Baltimore) sells RO water... their website is www.aquariumcenter.com

Good luck!

Guest scissorsfishors

wow, thanks everyone. I am not used to this forum thing and people are actually responding!! :)

So my younger brother who lives in PA is huge on reef tanks so I am naturally inspired to do my own thing. I am considering upgrading to a 30 gallon tank within the next couple months so I think I will buy the RO unit now so that I can get used to it.

Just last night I was looking on ebay and saw the RO/DI units, thanks for the tip!

I am living in Odenton MD right now.. planning on moving in to Baltimore soon. I don't know how far Herndon is but I've heard of Randallstown so I will check into that. I have salt mix that I am mixing with RO water. I can see the way I am doing things might not be the easiest for a nano cube. Hopefully when I upgrade I will be in good shape though..

Thanks for all your help. :)

Until I bought my 100 gpd RO/DI unit I bought 5-gallon jugs of pure RO/DI water from Drinkmore. They have locations in Bethesda and Rockville and maybe other locations too.