Where to buy Rimless nano tank locally?

gizmoody

Hey peeps in the know,

While I wait to restart the hobby with a large tank after a 1.5 year break I want to start a nano (less than 20g)...I'm too impatient and need a challenge! Plus Jan's food is too irresistable. I'm starting this weekend. Anyone know which LFS carry rimless tanks like the mr aqua long 12g rimless or others? I'm in Rockville but can drive with a 30 miles radius.

Also any light suggestions for such a small tank? Except for tank, heater, pump and maybe light everything will be DIY with a challenge to spend under $200 total!

Thanks,

Nishal

BRK has a nice one on display

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you want to do it on the cheap, buy a used nanocube. You can pull off the trim and it cleans up nicely. I've done this 2x and loved the outcome both times. Then you have a rimless AIO without any seams along the front. I quite like it. My other fav. mod for the nano/biocube is to put a koralia nano into the false wall(dremel out or drill a 2" hole IIRC). I think this setup would look just KILLER with a kessil. When I was always on the cheap, I made a DIY 70W halide setup for this size tank, though a viper also looks nice over that setup and sometimes can be found nice and cheap. My original plans for my my nano build were to do just this, but I wound up with an 18" cube... To be honest I think I might've been happier with the nanocube. AIO rimless nanos are quite a bit of fun.