Where to get DI Resins?

lmeyer

I've always purchased the KENT Marine color changing resins, getting the cation and anion separately (not mixed bed). I need to re-order, but it looks like KENT doesn't sell this any longer. Champion lighting has the separate resins, but they are not color changing. BRS and Air Water Ice only seem to have mixed bed.

Anyone know where to get these?

+1, I was lazy one time and let my TDS get up to 10 before I changed my resin. I was using the color changing kind from bulk reef supply. It was still half blue. Who knows what the TDS would have been if I would have waited for the color change to complete.

u can get it from brs...if u need it locally quantum reefs carries brs stock locally

it has the nuclear grade color changing resin.

goes form blue to brown

I do have a TDS meter. I just like having the ability to glance and get a ballpark of when I need to change my resins. I prefer the separate from the mixed bed as they get used up at vastly different rates. I double checked with BRS, they only have mixed bed.

u can get it from brs...if u need it locally quantum reefs carries brs stock locally

it has the nuclear grade color changing resin.

goes form blue to brown

Pretty sure BRK has mixed-bed resin. Not sure about the separate resins. I believe most of us use mixed-bed. I also use a dual TDS meter to measure TDS after the RO membrane and after the DI resin to monitor when the resin needs to be changed. I can never really see the color change.

BFS was my go to DI place in Ohio. Good company and they have both resins.

Edit: Now that I look closer they are not color changing...sorry.

Edited by JeremyS

Unfortunately, everything on the page except the Refillable DI Shell is out of stock.

I'm beginning to think the stuff just isn't sold any longer.

Just got an e-mail back from them, it should be back in stock next week :tongue:

Thanks!

Just got an e-mail back from them, it should be back in stock next week :tongue:

Thanks!

I'm glad for you. When I was looking over the page, everything was "out of stock." That was oddly suspicious for them. It must have been one heck of a Black Friday!