anyone running Tunze 6105 pumps? would like your opinion

epleeds

I am thinking about getting a Tunze 6105 to see if i would like them better then vortech on the new tank. I have read that the flow is further into the tank and they are quieter at full tilt then the vortech.

anyone have them?

the 6205's are discontinued. they made the 6155 in replacement but they are $200 more per pump with only a 500 GPH difference. Not sure its worth the $200 for that small of a difference.

For $260 more you could get an entire 6095, which peaks at 2,500gph. For this reason I would not get the 6155's. I run two 6095's in my tank and absolutely love them.

You could do three 6095's for just slightly more than two 6105's. You would have more adjustability and 7,500 vs 6,900 gph of flow.

Regardless of what you decide you will love the Tunze's for silence, flow, and low power draw.

How thick is your glass again??? These pumps are best for 1/2" glass. The 6155 IS for up to 1" glass.

Edited by BowieReefer84

I have 2 x 6100s (adjustable) and 2 x 6125s (non-adjustable) in my empty 300g and water is churning awaiting new livestock. The flow reaches six feet with a wide cone. The only improvement I would lIke Tunze to consider is extending the power cord five feet.