Starting up Nano Tank

Hey,

Im not a complete newbie but still sorta in the early stages lol. i have a 10 gallon nano tank at home which i love so dearly. But right now I'm at college(GO HOKIES!!). I missed my tank at home enough that i ended up setting up a pico tank here. Its been cycling for about 2-3 weeks with some seed rock. I was being stupid and ordred some coral (my bad), and well i lost one already and on my way to losing two more. :/ So nowww im just waiting for it too finish cylicying before i buy more coral, and maybe a fish. ( I really wanted to put in a clown fish, but im pretty sure its gonna be bad for him (unless someone here can help understand how i could care for him and make sure that he/she stays happpy) but if not i was thinking maybe a paired Neon Goby's). But, im superr excited for this tank xD. Will upload photos as soon as possible.

P.S. Being a college student im prepetually broke, i was wondering if someone could help me out with some used equipment, frags, etc. Of course i'd buy it from . (unless your feeling exceptionally generous, in which case i graciously accept and freebies xD)

P.P.S I wanted to also sign up for membership but i couldn't find where. Also does anyone know and reef clubs in say the chirstansburg area?

Edited by Coral Hind
title correction

P.P.S I wanted to also sign up for membership but i couldn't find where. Also does anyone know and reef clubs in say the chirstansburg area?

Just click on Join Wamas in the upper right corner of the page.

A pair of neon gobies is an excellent choice for a pico tank. They're a reasonably tough fish and are likely to spawn regularly in a tranquil pico tank. Very interesting fish with a lot of personality.

A clownfish is a poor choice for a pico. A pair of clowns is even worse.

Just a general update, the arognite sand arrived today, so i swapped out the pea gravel for it. Part of the stuff for the LED light came in yesterday so gonna wait till the rest comes in to do a DIY build thread. The HOB filter *should* arrive tomorrow. But who knows...pesky weather. So if that does come in tomorrow, ill be replacing the filter with that. BUT for the next three days gonna be pretty much AFK cuz of test -_-v

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...