Apex Question...frustrated!!

STEVE

I am trying to config my Apex Lite so I can acess it from work or anywhere else (internet). I have read and read, but I'm just not getting it. ???? Trying to get Neptune on the phone is darn near impossible.

I am trying to config my Apex Lite so I can acess it from work or anywhere else (internet). I have read and read, but I'm just not getting it. ???? Trying to get Neptune on the phone is darn near impossible.

First thing, Steve, are you able to access the Apex from inside your home network? If so, the problem is one of setting up port forwarding on your router.

So, to start - two questions:

1) Are you able to access the apex from inside your home network? If no, then the basic settings on the network configuration of the Apex are probably not right. If yes, then it's probably a port forwarding issue.

2) Who is your ISP?

As referenced, the Unofficial Guide is a great resource and has good instructions on setting up the Apex and most routers.

You will have to keep trying to call Neptune and maybe make an appointment. They will help guide you through it. Last time I talked to them it was really good, its just hard to get them on the phone.

Definitely get in contact with neptune systems....one of the guys over there remotely accessed my computer and set it up for me in 2 seconds

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Byron, I appreciate it, might take you up on that...I have another member helping me right now, just trying to get acess to my Netgear router remotely now.

I can acess thru home network. I have Comcast as my ISP.

This is your main problem...

I have that same issue so I know how to work around it.

-Byron

Tom (Origami) is the man!!!! He spent at least 6 hours on and off the phone with me, my router, my apex, my dog, my cat, etc...,not counting what he did off the phone... really, who gives that kind of help to people? Tom, that's who. WAAAAAAAAY BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY! Last night alone we were on the phone till after midnight. I'm glad to report, IT ALL WORKS GREAT ! THANKS AGAIN TOM !!! Could not ask for a more dedicated person to help others out! I owe him bigtime!

Tom (Origami) is the man!!!! He spent at least 6 hours on and off the phone with me, my router, my apex, my dog, my cat, etc...,not counting what he did off the phone... really, who gives that kind of help to people? Tom, that's who. WAAAAAAAAY BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY! Last night alone we were on the phone till after midnight. I'm glad to report, IT ALL WORKS GREAT ! THANKS AGAIN TOM !!! Could not ask for a more dedicated person to help others out! I owe him bigtime!

So what was the issue?

So what was the issue?

Several. But, at the heart of it, he needed a DNS forwarder and for the router to be opened up to forward incoming requests. The most time consuming involved a factory reset on the router which required reconfiguring a bunch of stuff, and having to reinstall his wireless bridge (again, from scratch, as the router forgot about it in the initialization event), and setting up Apex access a second time. Luckily, Steve was able to open the router up to external management so I was able to set it up remotely.

Main sequence of activities (not including rebuilding of the network environment) were:

Set up a dynamic DNS account at dyndns.org.

Setup the Apex network presence.

Confirm Apex access from inside the home network on the default port 80.

Change the http server port on the Apex. (I think Comcast was blocking port 80 on external access.)

Confirm Apex access from inside the home network on the new port.

Set up port forwarding on the router.

Confirm Apex access from outside using the new port using the IP address of the router.

Confirm Apex access from outside using the new port and using the dyndns service.

Set up the router to automatically update the IP address when the IP address lease was renewed.

Reboot the network elements to ensure everything is operating smoothly.