Good cleanup crew from local LFS

netpez

Hi all,

I think my tank is close to if not fully cycled getting a confirmation today. If that is so, I will be doing my 50% water change today.

Does anyone know what would be a good combination for a cleanup crew? My tank is overrun with algae right now (picture does not do it justice) and really needs to get some hungry critters. Also does anyone know a good LFS I could pick these little guys?

If I do my 50% water change today, is it safe to put them in immediately after?

I am not sure which snails are best, if I should be putting hermit crabs in and if a small shrimp to deal with some waste would be good (maybe a peppermint?).

post-2633327-13459904114_thumb.jpg

post-2633327-134599063009_thumb.jpg

Edited by netpez

Why are you doing a water change?

I was told when your tank is cycled you do a 50% water change (I assume to get rid of all the nitrates)

For your clean up crew check here - Reefcleaners.org

At the top of the table select the tab for crews with or without hermits, then match to the size of your system.... John will take good care of you from there.

Even with overnight shipping you can't beat the prices and john always puts extra in the order!

How high are your nitrates?

I was told when your tank is cycled you do a 50% water change (I assume to get rid of all the nitrates)

50% is a lot of water. Thats why i ask. I do partial water changes when a tank is finished cycling. It's partial only a couple of gallons. Nitrates shouldn't be high, if at all detectable at this stage.

I did blue legged hermit crabs and astrea and cerith snails. well the hermits pretty much wiped out my snails. Now my hermits are in my QT tank(thanks Jan). Me personally i will never have hermits. Good luck man.