Best place to buy tank and stand?

fishcasa

I am looking to build a new FW system. Any recommendations on a local store that has a decent tank 55+ or unusual shape inventory?

Henry

There is much discussion about a sale starting at Petco in the next few days, Tanks for $1 gallon and they probably sell stands and everything else. Oughta save you a lot of money.

Thanks Rosco and others that replied. I did a run by the Petco and Petsmart by my house in Alexandria but they didn't have much of a tank selection. Can anyone recommend a specific Petco that has a good stock of tanks?

Thanks

Henry

Henry,

I have a brand new 55- gallon if you're interested, Id be willing to take 40 for it, I planned to use it as a sump but if was too tall.

Thank you for the offer but I think I need to go bigger.

<br /><br />

<br />

Thank you for the offer but I think I need to go bigger.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

No problem, I still have all the stickers and stuff on it, never saw water, so I'm hoping they'll let me return it, otherwise I'm going to have the ritz-Carlton of QT tanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depending upon your budget here are my recommendations:

Lower: Have patience and watch the for sale boards. You may end up with something not exactly what you want and it might not be in perfect shape, but there are great deals to be had.

Mid: Buy something new from one of our vendors. Will vary in cost, but you'll probably get close to what you want and it will be new condition.

Higher: Have something custom built from one of our two fabricators or one of the larger custom companies (like Miracle, AGE or similar). May be more but the quality is awesome and you will have exactly what you want.