What kind of mat to get for underneath stand

nbgen12

What kind of mat should I use to protect the floor from any water or moisture damage and where can I find it? Not sure if there is a preferred material or that type of thing....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of mat should I use to protect the floor from any water or moisture damage and where can I find it? Not sure if there is a preferred material or that type of thing....

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Best I've seen is to epoxy a tarp to the bottom of an area rug. All you see is the nice rug, but no water can make it through.

Hmmm we don't have a rug in that room so it has to be something that doesn't look out if place.....hopefully someone has a good cheap suggestion which doesn't involve any extra effort haha

if your tank is not set up yet head over to home depot and buy some shower liner and liquid nails and cut to fit inside your stand....then all youll have is the occasional spray and splash to worry about...other than that an area rug that has a plastic backing like a bath mat (though JCPenneys carries them too...and they are made of acrylic)

That sounds pretty solid

These are all good ideas. I went to Costco and got two of those under chair plastic mats that you put on carpet to make your chair easily to slide around. Looks pretty neat on the carpet, gives you a good chance to grab any water when it spills.

They were $20 each