How to increase fuge pod population?

Ne0eN

One of my latest fish additions was a Yellow Target Mandarin Goby. This particular fish loves live food, so I'm trying to figure out how to increase my pod production. My sump contains a small fuge section with Chaeto macro-algae on a reverse light schedule. How do I get the the pod colony going?

-Rob

Guest minimalist

Find someone with a huge population of pods and take one of their rocks for your fuge.

What I did is put a refugium above the main tank. A small pump in the overflow pumps water in the refugium, and water flows back to the maintank via a bulkhead and pvc pipe. Iside the refugium I put a small piece of LR, live sand and caulerpa.

Setting it up this way instead of in the sump, enables my tank to get a constant supply of live pods and pods larvae. Since I did this I never run out of pods, and they reproduce like rabbits.

i also have a mini fuge in the display, that hoses some CC cheato mangroves and a red macro algae. feeding phyto to the young-uns doesn't hurt either

Guest Leishman

Or you could go HERE and buy some.

I think there are 1000 in each bottle.

Great find Rik,

Yes, I definitely am interested in a group buy. $20 per bottle plus shipping starts at $12.50 for 2nd day air. Who's interested? Pick up in Falls Church area.

-Rob

Dang I could go for some, but not for 2-4 months. I suppose I have a ball of chaeto I could part with in exchange for some pods later?

(I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today!)

So far we got 3 bottles at $20 a piece plus $5 each for 2nd day FedEx shipping. Anyone else? I'm planning to place an order on Monday am.

-Rob

Not yet... Got pretty busy today. Anyone else interested in this group-order? I'd like confirmations from everyone before I call it in. I'll be placing the order tomorrow morning at noon. Please PM me or post a message here. thanks.

-Rob

Order placed. Please PM me and indicate when you're gonna pick it up. It should be here on Thursday.

DCDeacon / GaryL / Ne0eN: 1 bottle each - 4 oz. seapods / copepods - $25

-Rob

GaryL, DCDeacon,

Seapods should be here on Friday. They shipped it yesterday. If you PM me your cell numbers I'll call you when it arrives. Thanks.

-Rob

Guest Tomsimtim

GARF sells a product called GARF Grunge that brought my substrate alive. I think it might be what you are looking for. Here is a link to their websiteGarf Grunge

Tim