EcoTech Marine Radion question?

dcreefer

Hello all!

Quick question:

Has anyone figured out how to connect with the lights from the internet. Anyone have any ideas???

I guess I could connect it to an old laptop (wifi enabled) via the USB & then use PC Anywhere to remotrly control the laptop.

Does anyone know of an easier way? Any forcasted plans from EcoTech to develop a infrastructure interface?

Thanks!

Ray,

Congratulations! I think you'll be very happy with the Radions!

I have a usb connector like this, that allows me to program the radions from my laptop (but you have to be within 20 feet of the units).

As for controlling from the internet, there was a discussion about this on RC a few days ago here.

Neptune makes a unit for the Apex called a WXM. It controls Vortechs via the internet, but not the Apex yet. I assume Neptune is working on Apex support, so the WXMs will control both the Vortechs and the Radions (and thus, you can control them via the Apex over the internet).

So to answer your question, I don't think anyone is controlling the radions from the internet yet. (unless you go with the usb adapter above, put the laptop close to the radions on a table or shelf or something, and then remotely control the laptop - that's the only way it can be done right now to my information!)