aptaisia in zoanthid colony

schenktank

What are they eating?

everything i feed the tank. flakes, pellets, frozen. they'll jump at the food too. i feed once a day only, when i get home from work.

<br /><br />

<br />

everything i feed the tank. flakes, pellets, frozen. they'll jump at the food too. i feed once a day only, when i get home from work.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

+1

I've kept peppermints with zoas and other similars with no issues as well..

ive had peppermints before in my old tank and they didnt touch them. is this why you have to buy so many? theres literally only two in my tank and it would seem ridiculous to buy this many for a 10 gal nano. i want to go the injection route but i dont know how to find the needles. the kalk paste trick is next in line i guess

ive had peppermints before in my old tank and they didnt touch them. is this why you have to buy so many? theres literally only two in my tank and it would seem ridiculous to buy this many for a 10 gal nano. i want to go the injection route but i dont know how to find the needles. the kalk paste trick is next in line i guess

from my own personal experience, when I buy a few, <5, they dont/wont touch much. But when I get a dozen or two, the aptasia will disappear really quick. After they are gone, sell the shrimps to others, and keep a few. has worked twice for me, my main display, 265gallon tank, and my 40 gallon frag tank. I was majorly infested in both tanks before the shrimps. After the shrimps, ive not seen one in my display in almost 2 years.

I even tested my display by dropping a nice size, badly infested rock in there, and literally, over night, it was aptasia free.