Hello all

dmward99

Hello to everyone on this site .I am pretty new to reefs and all and I need a little help.I am setting up my tank( 125 show and 55 sump/refugium) and was wondering if I could get a cup of some live sand from a few different tanks to help seed my rocks and sand and get it cycling along.I would prefer peeps in D.C. or within a 10-15 minute drive of D.C. so that I could pick up or meet.I really want some from a few different so that I could get a variety of life.Thanks.I can be reached by email or phone at 202-645-7167.I am David ,email is dmward99@yahoo.com

Always willing to help. Sand and/or Macro for the fuge.

I'm in fairfax tho, bit of a haul near Rt 66, 7100 (fairfax county parkway) and rt 29. You should come this way, it is where all the cool tanks are.

Phil

Always willing to help.  Sand and/or Macro for the fuge.

I'm in fairfax tho, bit of a haul near Rt 66, 7100 (fairfax county parkway) and rt 29. You should come this way, it is where all the cool tanks are. 

Phil

35219[/snapback]

If you do make it out this way i live close to phil and could give you a bag as well.

Bob

Always willing to help.  Sand and/or Macro for the fuge.

Phil

35219[/snapback]

Thanks Phil for the offer.Can you tell me about how far from D.C. you are exactly?Not real familiar with that area?maybe I could meet you somewhere out there in your travels.Do you work closer to the city? :unsure: :unsure:

If you do make it out this way i live close to phil and could give you a bag as well.

Bob

35221[/snapback]

Bob I replied back to phil about where exactly he is in regards to D.C. I am not familiar with that area.Sorry :unsure: But I would love to meet one of you or both of you somewhere closer if one of you work in or closer to the city or maybe a mall or something.I don't want to worry you but in your travels around that area maybe.LMK :huh:

While at Bob's place, get a chunk of carpet.  It will be teaming with life.

35222[/snapback]

Funny man!!!

Anyway, we are both out 66 well past 495.

Can I pay you guys for shipping to 20019?How much?

35229[/snapback]

I know there are people closer who will hook you up. It's not the money but the hassle to ship it. Hopefuly someone in dc will help you out. But if you are ever out this way, let me know.

Cool, is there anyone else a little closer or in DC that can help me out with a little sand or good algae to get my sump started?I don't want to ask a fish store for fear of introducing some disease into my tank and then having to treat it.

I am within 10 minutes of both Grav and Bob and am willing to help- If you are goiing by the Reef Tank then we are all in that vicinity- That would give you a trip to a pretty good coral store that gives decent advice- and a couple of us could probably drop by with different sand or macro algea to get your fuge started. I am sure any one of us would be happy to detour by our house to show you our setups-

Hey Bob shake the pods out of the carpet and I will be by to pick up the little guys for feeding. :D

Guest VT Kurt

Hey guys

Im out in Centreville, could I take you up on the previous offer if possible.

Just let me know when a good time is.

Thanks

Kurt

Bump for somebody in D.C.

35463[/snapback]

If you can make it to L & 20th NW ( DC 20036) between 9 am and 5 pm I can bring a good scoop with me to the office. Let me know.

JM