Petland Visit

Ryan S

We made a trip to a Wamas Sponsor - Petland - in Fairfax today, Sunday, March 11, 2012.

They were having a buy 2 get 1 free sale this week on their frags. We went home with 3 from the $10 section, and 3 from the $50 section.

Ben (Bn251) was super nice and answered all of our questions. He is really, really smart. I think he might know everything there is about reefkeeping. :clap: Customer Service: 5/5.

The coral section was huge. Literally hundreds of frags and colonies to choose from. So far, I think Petland has the most frags in stock of the LFS we have been to. I also appreciate the clearly labeled sections by price ($5, $10, $20, etc.) I hate when some stores don't have prices clearly visible, or sections. Value & Selection: 5/5.

Petland's display tank is really, really awesome. I would recommend a trip to their store just to look at their show tank alone. It's really that nice. And behind it, don't miss the nano tank with the zoanthid garden. It's like 2 gallons of awesome.

Cons: None really. The coral prices were good. The fish and inverts were on par with other LFS. If I had to pick something, I'd say that the store was really busy when we came, so we had to wait a little while to get Ben, since he basically had a line of folks asking for his help. That's all I can come up with.

Conclusion: We will definitely be back. Especially when Petland is running a sale like this, the frag sections were huge. I bet there were over 100 frags in each section. I'd go back just to chat with Ben to be honest, or to admire the show tank which has to be one of the nicest tanks in the area.