aqua controller energybar question

goodreeef

can you plug a circulation pump into a non-relay outlet? it says in the manual 'typical 120vac such as chillers heaters'

Really depends on the power draw of the pump. The solid state outlets (1-3 & 5-7 on the EB8) have issues turning off very low powered devices. I have a very small 3.5 watt 70gph pump that I use for ato that needs to be on the relay outlets as it doesn't work on the solid state outlets. But a larger 600gph pump at 15-20 watts will usually work fine on the solid state outlets. Also the solid state outlets have a max draw of 5amps (~600watts) per outlet.... So don't go plugging in your circulation pump for your Olympic sized swimming pool into it either :)

What pump were you using?

Really depends on the power draw of the pump. The solid state outlets (1-3 & 5-7 on the EB8) have issues turning off very low powered devices. I have a very small 3.5 watt 70gph pump that I use for ato that needs to be on the relay outlets as it doesn't work on the solid state outlets. But a larger 600gph pump at 15-20 watts will usually work fine on the solid state outlets. Also the solid state outlets have a max draw of 5amps (~600watts) per outlet.... So don't go plugging in your circulation pump for your Olympic sized swimming pool into it either :)

What pump were you using?

I am not sure the exact pump, it is about like an eheim though.

Don't know if this works on yours, but I believe the tech is basically the same on the competitor's product that I have, and have a similar problem. I have a Digital Aquatics controller and the solid state plugs will work w/ low powered devices if you put a surge suppressor (not a power strip) between them. Not elegant, but handy if you want to control multiple pumps on a single controlled outlet.