Updated pics of the tank and inhabitants

Muddy357

Here are some new pictures of my tank so far. I pick up the new light tomorrow night. Let me know what you think.

post-2633125-133071831082_thumb.jpg

post-2633125-133071832008_thumb.jpg

post-2633125-133071832639_thumb.jpg

post-2633125-13307183321_thumb.jpg

post-2633125-133071833934_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Thanks guys, it has been running a little over 2 months I have been testing the water every other day and almost 0 nitrites, almost 0 nitrates, .25 ppm Ammonia, PH 8.2, salinity 24. The light is an IceCap 2x250 watt MH, LED, and T5 combo. The tank has 2 fire fish 2 clowns, and one small yellow tang, 4 peppermint shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 1 blue legged hermit crab, 2 emerald crabs, 5 Astraea snails, 2 bumble bee snails, 1 sand sifting star fish, and 8 Nassarious snails. it has 72 pounds of live rock, 40 pounds of live sand, 1 1400gph powerhead, I also have a 1050gph powerhead I will put in this weekend to give more flow for the corals I will end up have, an aqua C remora skimmer, and a 250gph ehiem filter. So far everything is running great.

Edited by Muddy357

ammonia? sounds like it hasnt fully cycled. pretty heavily stocked already, maybe try using some prime to detoxify the ammonia.

Yeah the ammonia is the only thing that is still up a little bit when I tested the water a few minutes ago the color was almost 0 but not dark enough to be .25 ppm but it is hard to tell the ammonia was at 0ppm 4 days ago before I added the yellow tang. I am planning on doing a water change tomorrow and I will pick up some prime just incase it doesn't go back to 0.

Yeah I am trying to find a good digital tester but I can't find one, I hate trying to match up the colors because under 2 different lights I can get 2 different results.

I'd recommend that you move all rocks away from the glass enough to run a mag float in between. this prevents accidental breakage in small tanks and also eases in cleaning.