Plumbing question

mchunger

Really new to dealing with any plumbing since I'm running sumpless at the moment (but in the process of setting up a sump, hence my need to get a better understanding)

Just as background info, I have a 46g bowfront with HOB everything for the time-being.

I'm going to have an overflow (thinking Eshopps) and was planning on using flexible tubing to go down to the sump. Is the flex tubing OK or would PVC be better?

For the return, on non-drilled tanks, how is that usually done? Do you just hang a pipe\tube that goes up and over the side of the tank? If that's generally how it's done, i was thinking of using a loc-line segmented thing to direct it a bit. I guess my other question is, does the diameter of the return affect head pressure or overall flow? Is there a recommended diameter to use? Or is that based on the amount of flow you wanted?

Thanks!

since you'll be picking up the ricordia's for the group buy... i can show you my setup and go over the plumbing with you. fairly straight forward, especially if you see an example of it.